consultation with the Commission from a State Government, Union Territory
Administration, Statutory bodies or Public Sector Undertakings and the period of
deputation shall not ordinarily exceed three years.
7. Probation. -
(1) Officers appointed to the Service either by selection through examination or by
promotion shall be on probation for a period of two years.
(2) During the period of probation, a probationer shall undergo such training as may be laid
down from time to time by the Government and pass such examinations as the
Government may consider necessary as a condition to satisfactory completion of the
(3) A candidate who is already in permanent government service and is selected for
appointment to the Service on the basis of the examination held by the Commission shall
be on probation and shall undergo such training as may be laid down from time to time
by the Government and pass such examinations as applicable to the probationers under
(4) The period of probation prescribed in sub-rule (1) may be extended by Government if a
probationer has not qualified by passing the prescribed departmental examinations or if
the work or conduct or both of a probationer is unsatisfactory.
(5) If on expiry of the period of probation, referred to in sub-rule (1) or of any extension
thereof, as the case may be, the Government is of the opinion that the candidate is not fit
for permanent appointment or at any such time during such period of probation or
extension, it is satisfied that the candidate will not be fit for permanent appointment on
the expiration of the period of such probation or of extension, the Government may
discharge or revert a candidate to his substantive post or pass such orders as it may think
8. Confirmation. -
On satisfactory completion of the period of probation or extension thereof, the Government
may confirm an officer to his appointment from the date of completion of the period of his
probation or extension thereof.
9. Substantive appointment in the Service. -
All substantive appointments of officers recruited to the Service through competitive
examination shall be made in the entry grade only, viz., Junior Time Scale of the Service.