No. 1/1/2014-E-II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
>3 41 * =l= *
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 27‘“ March, 2014
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees - Revised
Rates effective from 1.1.2014.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Ofﬁce Memorandum No.
1-8/2013-E-II (B) dated 25th September, 2013 on the subject mentioned above and to
say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to
Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 90% to
100% with effect from ISt January, 2014.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No.
l(3)/2008-E-II(B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while
regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders
shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the
date of disbursement of salary of March, 2014.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence
Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the
Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway
employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of
6. In so far as the employees working in the Indian Audit and Accounts
Department are concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the
Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India (as per standard
Copy to: C&AG, UPSC, etc., as per standard list, (with usual number of spare copies).