Accounts has been created in the Department of Expenditure of the Ministry of Finance.
In order to streamline and ensure transparency in the existing cadre management, it is
imperative to lay the transfer policy. This policy has been formulated to provide for a
planned approach in cadre planning and to cater to the resource mobilization of the
officers in an effective manner The policy laid down will meet all necessary and
functional requirements in a balanced manner ensuring the adequate exposure and
growth of individual officers,
2) Salient Features of the Transfer/Placement Pof icy
The salient features of the Transfer policy for Group A Officers of the service are as
1. The posting policy has been formulated for officers at different levels. The policy
formulated shall come into effect from the date of issue The generat transfer orders
shall be issued by 30!1 April and. In any case, not later than 31 May of the year.
However, transfer can be affected at any time of the year based on administrative
2. The transfer guidelines shall not he applicable to the transfer and postings of Pr,
3. A coriect aria complete data base is a sine qua non for mpiementing tne Policy. The
Group A section of the Office of CGA shall ensure that a data base containing the
profiles of all Groups A' officers is created and regularly updated.
4. Transfer will take place on completion of tenure, deputation, promotion or any other
functional requirements. For this purpose the grant of Senior Time Scale and NFSG
will not be treated as promotion.