Iq trading IQoptions Marketwatch
Parliament enacted 3 Appropriation Acts [including 2 supplementary] for the year 1996-97 authorizing payments out of Consolidated Fund of India to the tune of Rs.476162 crores.
Out of the total authorisation by Parliament, Rs.55259 crores pertained to the demands in respect of Non-Civil Ministries for which separate appropriation accounts are prepared and presented by the authorities of the concerned Non-Civil Ministries.
For the Civil Ministries, the Parliament approved a total of Rs.420903 crores for the year 1996-97 an increase of Rs.42104 crores [11%] over the previous year. The Controller General of Accounts prepares the Appropriation Accounts for the Civil Ministries.
Against the Civil Grants and/or Appropriations of Rs.420903 crores, the actual expenditure for the year 1996-97 was Rs.376671 crores forming 89% of the sanctioned provisions. This is higher than the previous years expenditure of 85%.
|The actual expenditure of Rs.376671 Crores for the
year 1996-97 is higher than the previous year by Rs.54644 crores [17%]. Out of the total
expenditure, voted grants constituted 26% and the remaining 74% was Charged Appropriations
for the year 1996-97. In the previous year 1995-96, the voted and charged were 28% and 72%
For the year 1996-97, the net saving was Rs.44232 crores. There were excess in 6 grants amounting to Rs.67 crores. As such, the gross saving was Rs.44299 crores in 88 grants.
|Savings have occurred mainly due to (a) less than
anticipated discharge and cancellation of 91 days and 364 days Treasury Bills; and (b)
less contributions to IMF due to favourable variation in Rupee-SDR exchange rate under the
Grant No.30 Repayment of Debt. Under Grant No.31 Department of Expenditure, the entire
provision for implementation of 5th Pay Commission Recommendations was a saving
due to non-implementation of the recommendations.
|The excess of Rs.67 crores for the year 1996-97
comprises of Rs.55 crores under Capital heads and Rs.12 crores under Revenue heads. The
major excess of Rs.50 Crores was due to less provisioning for investment in equity capital
of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
(Rs. in crores)
the Organisation || Overview of Accounts || Monthly Accounts || Appropriation
& Finance Accounts
Accounts at a Glance || Internal Audit || Central Pension Accounting Office || Capital Restructuring
Accounting Policies & Procedures || Human Resource Management || Bulletin Board || ICAS Directory