|Welcome to the web site of the CGA of India|
(Department of Expenditure)
(Controller General of Accounts)
New Delhi, the 2nd August, 2000
G.S.R. 656(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Departmentalised Accounts Service (Group 'D' posts) Recruitment Rules 1980, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Group 'D' posts in the Departmentalised Accounts Service, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Departmentalised Accounts Service (Group 'D') Recruitment Rules, 2000.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions.—In these rules unless the context otherwise requires,
(a) "Appointing authority" shall have the same meaning as it- has in the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1-965;
(b) "Cadre" means the cadres of Sweeper-Farash-Chowkidaiy Peon, Daftry, and Junior Gestetner Operator respectively. Each Ministry shall have its own separate and independent cadres of Sweeper-Farash-Chowkidar, Peon, Daftry, and Junior Gestetner Operator comprising of total number of posts, as specified in the Annexure to these rules, in the respective grades of Sweeper-Farash-Chowkidar, Peon, Daftry, and Junior Gestetner Operator;
(c) "Government" means the Government of India;
(d) "Controller General of Accounts" means the Controller General of Accounts in the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and includes Additional Controller General of Accounts or Joint Controller General of Accounts authorised by the Controller General of Accounts to exercise powers under these rules;
(e) "Ministry" means a Ministry in the Government of India and includes a Department of the Ministry or an Office specified in the annexure to these rules;
(f) "Schedule" means Schedule to these rules;
(g) "Service" means the Departmentalized Accounts Service (Group 'D').
3. Number of posts, classification and scale of pay.— (1) The number of said posts , their classification and scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns 2 to 4 of the Schedule attached to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit, educational qualifications, etc.— The
method of recruitment, age limit, educational qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns 5 to 14 of the said Schedule
5. Transfer.—(1) A Sweeper-Farash-Ghowkidar, Peon, Daftry, and Junior Gestetner Operator shall be liable to serve in any part of India and may be transferred from one Ministry to the other in the same grade.
6. Liability of persons appointed as Peons to undergo Training as Home Guards:- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, every person appointed as a Peon under these rules excepting those who are physically handicapped shall undergo training as a Home Guard for a period of three
7. Disqualification.— No person,-
(a) Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central government may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage, and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from operation of this rule.
8. Powers to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
9. Savings.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Government from time to time in this regard.
[No. A-11020/1/99/MF. CGA(A)/Vol. 11/1347]
U.K. MAITRA, Jt. Controller General of Accounts
SANCTIONED STRENGTH OF Group 'D'
© 2001, The Controller General of Accounts, Government of India
This web site best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or above, on 800 x 600 resolution